Hinduism is not the name of religion it’s a geographical name for people who used to live beyond Indus river, the name of religion is Sanātana dharma (Devanagari: सनातन धर्म meaning “eternal dharma” or “eternal order”)
Sanatana Dharma, is an Spiritual Science that answers very complex questions in a scientific way like, Who Am I? Who is God? Why God created Universe? Why things are created and destroyed? Why we take birth and die? What is law of action or Karma?
Sanātana dharma is not founded by a single person or prophet it’s source is God Himself that is why it is known as an eternal truth or eternal religion for e.g Lord Krishna (avatar of Vishnu, the God himself) himself comes to earth in the form of Human to teach people about spiritual science.
The first teacher of Sanatana Dharma were the Gods himself Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva (These are the 3 forms of same supreme God, Hindus believe in only one God but God can manifest and take avatars in form of Humans to remove darkness in this universe.)
Hindusim has never been a religion like Christianity, Islam and Budhism (Originated from Hinduism). Santana Dharma is the culture and way of life, it is the only spiritual science that make sense with the reality.
Hinduism is a 5000 year old spiritual science and the original founder is not known, the sacred texts like Rig Veda, Sam Veda, Athrava Veda, Ramayana, Bhagwat Geeta are the core of Sanatana Dharma.
Sanatana Dharma developed over many centuries but it’s core beliefs never changed.
Core Beliefs of Hinduism
- There is only one God the supreme power who created everything in this universe, Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu comes to earth after every 12000 years in Human form to establish and teach people about right path. e.g Lord Krishna was a Avatar of Lord Vishnu.
- There are mainly 4 sacred texts or Vedas that form the core beliefs of Sanatana Dharma.
- Hindus Believe that universe goes into endless cycle of creation, preservation and destruction which keeps repeating.
- Hindus believe in Karma, the law of action and effect. What ever you are doing with your body and mind, good or bad will have an effect. Effect can be good or even bad which is based on Karma.
- Hindus believe in reincarnation and in soul. Everything that took birth will eventually die and take new birth and this will continue happening until the soul realizes itself and God and merges with him. Every soul will achieve moksha, liberation from cycle of birth and death in different time. A soul will only achieve moksha, when it is free from Karma, cause and effect. moksha can be achieved by self realization though deep mediation.
- It is essential to have to Guru, teacher or Sadguru to know the Transcendent Absolute.
Ancient Temples of India, Ankorwat are live proof of Hinduism in present day.