NASA is always on a mission and we always look forward to their findings. We have been following every move of theirs and their mission’s interest us. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an agency which is responsible for space programs and aerospace research. It is a big name in the field of aerospace research. It has created several job opportunities for scientists, researchers and astronomers. They have conducted many unmanned and manned spaceflight programs and continue to go on missions. Currently they are looking for private companies which will transform the space tourism industry in future. They always have big plans and the mission’s are always in news. We have listed some of their most exciting missions. We have also listed the missions that they are planning to go on.
It was in the year 1969 when two Americans went up to space and walked on the moon. They planted a flag and that is how the journey began of space love. Since then, we have been firing rockets and sending satellites to space. Here is some information on the coolest mission of NASA and the upcoming ones. We are always excited with their missions because they bring back information about the Universe to us. We sit in our homes waiting for them to come back and we switch on our television and find the great things they did. Every kid or Science student wishes to join NASA because they go on the coolest missions.
JUNO – We shall get information regarding the planet Jupiter. They entered the orbit on July 5, 2016. Juno is basically a NASA space probe. Lockheed Martin built it with care. The aim is to unlock the secrets of the solar system and the giant planet.
Cassini was launched in the year 1997 and it has been renewed many times since then. The idea is to study the planet Saturn. The probe investigated that the ringed planet has moons. Do you know that they launched it in 1997 and it reached in 2004? It is still active and we waiting for the Grand Finale.
The Voyager 1 and 2 were probes that helped in making many discoveries about the planets Jupiter and Saturn. They discovered rings around Jupiter and volcanic activity on Jupiter’s moon.
Dawn Probe is trying to explore the asteroid belts. They are not causing any hindrance with any of the planets. They are currently exploring Ceres and Vesta. Ceres is known as the dwarf planet. Could there be life on the dwarf planet? Water has been found on it. In fact there is more percentage of water on Ceres than on Earth. There are possibilities that there could be life. The Dawn Probe is parked conveniently in Ceres. According to NASA, the study is going flawlessly.
What’s next? The Mars 2020 will be a mission to explore the Red Planet. There is a possibility that the planet does have life. What if there is life on Planet Mars? Sources say that in two decades, NASA plans to send human beings to the planet. The future missions of NASA are Asteroid Redirect Robotic Mission, Cold Atom Laboratory, Euclid, Insight, Surface Water and Ocean, Psyche and many more. The first ever robotic mission called the ARRM will visit an earth asteroid. The Insight mission would be a deep exploration of Mar’s interiors. What is inside Mars? They would be going on a mission to find that out. In Mars 2020, they would be probing the Martian rocks. Could there be life on the planet before? NASA has big plans for the coming years and there are many missions. It seems like we will be enlightened in the future. What if NASA discovers life on Mars? We would be travelling to another planet!
10 Facts About NASA
- NASA, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, was established in 1958 by the U.S. government.
- NASA’s headquarters is located in Washington D.C.
- NASA’s mission is to drive advances in science, technology, aeronautics, and space exploration in order to achieve its goal of expanding human knowledge and presence in space.
- NASA has launched a number of famous missions, including the Apollo missions to the Moon, the Space Shuttle program, and the International Space Station.
- NASA’s current administrator is Bill Nelson.
- NASA has several major research centers across the United States, including the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.
- NASA’s current main priority is the Artemis program, which aims to land the first woman and next man on the Moon by 2024.
- NASA has collaborated with private companies such as SpaceX and Boeing to develop new technologies and launch systems.
- NASA has several ongoing missions to explore our solar system, including the Mars rover Perseverance and the New Horizons mission to Pluto.
- NASA also conducts research in a variety of fields, including Earth science, planetary science, heliophysics, astrophysics, and aeronautics.